MANY REASONS FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS OF MEDIA SILENCE ON THIS WEBSITE
Regular visitors of course might have noticed that the last update on this news page was almost two years ago.
Reasons for this are many:
- Kind of unwillingness to stop updating the old website (http://members.chello.nl/wgj.jansen/) and only start updating this new website (you are currently on) under WordPress instead (reluctant to work with new software again).
- Present provider UPC / ZIGO from my old website is not willing to raise the only 50 MB space from former Chello, because no longer active website-provider.
- Knowing someone intending to write a book on desmodromic valve gear without my coöperation, who might also use my latest findings.
- Being busy with non-desmodromic engines like the Morini 3,5 and Jawa 350 and two non desmo-Ducati engines (Cucciolo pull rod and 125 cc push rod).
- Troublesome transition from old to new computer.
- Health and other more personal issues.
- Last not least after so many years a feeling of being a bit passé on the desmo-thingy, also because of the completion of the physical collection.
But all that is behind me now and so there is a lot of news to mention under the slogan: “From 1 HP (Cucciolo) to 100 HP (Panigale) per single cylinder in 60 years”
- New pages added under “systems” about the Ducati Cucciolo and Ducati Push rod 125 cc engine
- The 3D-(in metal) printed model of the Mercedes W 196 [See pictures under “Systems” “Mercedes-Benz W-196”].
- Acquisition of Ducati heads (including two non-desmo) making the Ducati collection complete: Testastretta head (749) and the 1000 DS Multistrada head. Both mounted on wooden plates [See pictures under “Systems”].
- Two Panigale camshafts turnable mounted in a frame [See pictures under “Systems”].
- Changing the desmoroom with new racks and other furnishing and lighting.
- In a Ducati Monster carter I display the gearshift mechanism with the desmodromic gear-shift drum.
- Nick Rowland from Ohio USA directed me to information on his 1904 single cylinder tractor with a group 7B desmodromic valve. [See page under “Systems”].For more: choose “Previous News” in the menu-frame.
Last update: October 23, 2016